Follow These Steps To Make Your PMU Appointment A Successful One!
Please be advised that not following pre-care information may impact your healing results
- All permanent makeup procedures has to be scheduled 14 days after the Covid-19 vaccination date
- No alcohol/caffeine consumption 48 hours prior to scheduled appointment.
- Alcohol consumption will increase your level of sensitivity to pain regardless of numbing application. It will also increase your likelihood of swelling post procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin e or Advil/buprofen 24 hours prior to procedure.
- Stop taking Omega 3/fish oil one week prior to procedure.
- No eyebrow waxing or tinting one week prior to procedure.
- Refrain from using any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area four weeks prior to and four weeks after your procedure. Check your moisturizer, face wash, BB or CC creams and makeup primers for anything that says acid.
- Discontinue Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Hydroquinone, Vitamin C, Chemical Peels and Retin-A four weeks prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Avoid Intense Light Therapy, Laser Treatments, LED Treatments four weeks prior to the scheduled appointment.
- No botox four weeks around the eyes and brows area.
- You must be off Accutane for 1 year prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Please note that you will feel more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Avoid sun and tanning two weeks prior to procedure.
- Do not work out 24 hours prior to procedure.
- No Marijuana 72 hours prior to procedure
Please be advised that the healing process may take longer if you do not take proper
- Refrain from getting the healing brows wet 48 hours after the procedure. If the healing site is wet from showering, pat dry with tissue. Prolonged exposure to water is not recommended.
- Avoid sun tanning, excessive sweating, swimming or any exercise which may cause sweating.
- No makeup application on the brows as it may cause a skin reaction / cross contamination.
- No acid based skin care products during the healing process. Skin care routine with acid based products such as Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Retinol Retin A, Hydroquinone, Vitamin C, BHA/AHA can be resumed 4 weeks after the procedure but to avoid application on the brows or surrounding area.
- Do not use sunscreen, soap, or moisturizer on the brows.
- Do not rub or pick at the brow healing site.
- If you have oily skin, use blotting sheets to remove oil from the skin 3 times a day.
- After shower, use a cotton swab to clean the dirt and oil around your eyebrows.
- It is still the best option if you try to avoid prolonged exposure to water.